Getting Your Website Ready for Christmas
The credit crunch isn’t going to dent the volume of sales made online this Christmas, in fact its more likely to bring increased sales as people search for bargains. The season starts early on the internet so now is the time to ensure your site is ready for all those lovely visitors.
Here Are Some Tips to Get Your Website Ready for Christmas:
- Have Special Offers on your home page – not too many to overwhelm people but enough for them to see that these are great deals. Think of offering loss-leaders and products that will encourage sales of additional products.
- Have Featured Products on your home page – these get indexed by the search engines quickly and attract more attention from browsing visitors.
- Make your Delivery Policyvery clear – free delivery under X £££s and say how many days it will take to arrive. At this sensitive time of year make it very clear what is your last date for ordering to ensure delvery by Christmas
- Can your Images be improved? Great images sell product, its a fact!
- Make sure shoppers can easily find your Returns Policy – it will give them confidence that you have their interests at heart.
- Make your shop window Seasonal – the same way that shop windows in high streets are decorated for Christmas your website shop front can do the same to inspire that seasonal spirit.
- Customer Service is essential, especially as the big day approaches – make sure people feel they can get the support they need. A phone number is ideal and online support is also effective for demonstrating that your website is attended. We recommend Provide Support for this.
- It may sound obvious but do your visitors know what you sell? I have seen many ecommerce websites that sell such an eclectic mix of products that its really not clear where they are positioned. You have only 3-5 seconds to make a good impression and grab your customer’s attention so don’t confuse them with anything – keep it really simple.
Good luck for the coming season – CapGemini recently predicted that online sales in the UK will increase by 60% in the three months up to Christmas so this is definitely the time to be paying attention to your online marketing strategy. Give us a call on 0845 838 0936 if you are interested in driving more traffic to your website this season – there is a very good chance we can help you quickly.