Speaking at SMX
Yes, in case you hadn’t heard, after a two year absence, I’m going to be back speaking at SMX London Advanced. The session (copied from the agenda website) is:
Link Alchemy: Creative Ways Of Conjuring SEO Gold
Despite all the recent changes in search engine algorithms, links remain the single most important part of an effective search marketing campaign. And to successfully compete, you need to go beyond traditional link building techniques to create natural but scalable campaigns. What tools are available to analyse competitor links? What non-traditional channels, such as .edu links and retweets can be used? Our speakers show you how to reinvigorate your link building campaigns and take them to the next level.
- Moderator: Christine Churchill, President, KeyRelevance
- Q&A Moderator: Martin Macdonald, Head of SEO, OMD UK
- Patrick Altoft, Director of Search, Branded3
- Rob Millard, SEO Consultant, Distilled
- Kelvin Newman, Creative Director, Site Visibility
- Me, Here
I’ll also be co-moderating:
What’s New In Local & Mobile
According to Google, as many as 30% of all search queries have local intent. And according to IDC, more internet-capable mobile devices will be sold this year than computers. In short, local and mobile are both here and huge, and will continue to be an important part of many search marketer’s activities. This session looks at new developments in local search, location services, mobile apps and ads.
- Moderator: Greg Sterling, Founding Principal, Sterling Market Intelligence
- Q&A Moderator: Me, Here
- Martijn Beijk, SEO & Web Analytics Consultant, Onetomarket
- Darrin Clement, Founder & CEO, Maponics
- Philippe Huysmans, Director, EMEA Product Management, Mobile Local and Commerce, Microsoft
- David Mihm, Designer + Local Search Marketer, davidmihm.com
It’s an honour to be back speaking to the industry again, and to be back as a participant after an extended period, and I look forward to seeing you all there!
Written by Pete Wailes