We’re on the hunt for a London-based Account Director who will deliver professional, planned and responsive account direction to some of our most strategically important accounts.
You will be a natural leader, with the ability to gain a deep, strategic understanding of your accounts and have the skills to maintain profitability.
Using your own knowledge and the specialist knowledge of those around you, you will have the natural intuition to identify opportunities where our business can add value. You will also have the natural ability to convert opportunities into commercial projects.
Inside the business you will possess the soft skills required to support and nurture the development of aspiring members in the client services team, inspiring and pushing them to achieve their full potential.
You will report into the Director of Strategy who leads the Reading Room brand. They will mentor and coach you to continually improve your output and thinking, allowing you and the business to grow together.
Does this sound like the role for you? If so, get in touch!
Account Director - Reading Room (London based)
It’s exciting times here at Reading Room, just over a year ago we were bought by the Fat Media Group and since then we’ve been on a journey to reshape who we are and the way in which we work with our clients.
Reading Room is one of three businesses within the Fat Media Group. Ronin is our International Research business, Fat Media is our traditional full-service marketing agency, and we’re the specialist consultancy business that underpins all client work with user-centred and service design principles.
Your role will be to work with some of our most valued clients, providing them with strategic direction and focus. One day you could be running a workshop with C-suite stakeholders providing assistance to map out their digital strategy, another day you could be in a sprint retrospective with a client and your senior PM to ensure governance on a client project.
From time to time you may even be called to support in new business pitches – you can expect variety in the role.
Who are we looking for?
- A proven account lead, you will be responsible for leading the account, ensuring that it is both profitable and delivers outstanding work that delights our clients.
- As part of your account leadership, you will be liaising daily (remotely and face-to-face) with our various client contacts to receive briefs and update them on project process (you will be their day-to day contact). You will be expected to oversee delivery of our fantastic projects for key clients (working with the development, digital marketing and strategy teams).
- Liaising with internal teams to ensure the paperwork for all accounts (cost estimates, project plans etc.) and ensure invoicing (and payments) are up to date in our internal systems as well as tracking your time accurately and diligently against client accounts/projects.
- As a senior member of the client services team, you will be expected to know when to bring in the right specialist resource from our business (such as strategy, UX, creative, solutions architects etc.) to enhance client deliverables.
- As a natural leader, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to engage in a way that gets the best out of people at any level internally and with clients. You’ll also possess excellent written skills; a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is a given at this level.
- As a person, you will demonstrate strong persuasive skills. You will be influential, impressive, credible, convincing, and effective. Furthermore, you will demonstrate natural gravitas enabling you to nurture relationships with clients at a senior level e.g. Digital Director, Marketing Director, and Managing Director.
- When you spot an issue you will raise it, troubleshoot it, and with the help of the senior members of the production team, ensure enough and appropriate resource is allocated to deliver against client expectations. Thinking on your feet is a core attribute of any team member.
- This is a commercial role; you will be expected to help set account targets and then demonstrate delivery against them. A natural business developer, you will have the ability to identify and open business opportunities by demonstrating an understanding of your clients’ needs and really ‘getting under the hood’ of their strategic aims and objectives.