About the Role:
We are looking for a fantastic Senior Kentico Developer to join our innovative, award winning national digital marketing agency in our Kentico team.
This exciting and rare opportunity will see you join a 30 strong Fat Media Group development team, available at any one of our locations, with responsibility to work with or manage multi-developer teams on builds to enterprise level. With head offices in Lancaster, this role can be available here or London for the right candidate.
However, the selected candidate will be expected to travel to any one of our other offices from time to time to work with other members of the team, from additional development departments, to client services and digital marketing.
On a day to day basis you will work underneath our Lead Kentico developer to develop solutions for our clients, both prospective and existing.
This role is the perfect opportunity for an existing Kentico Developer, who has a proven track record of understanding a client’s requirements and translating this into an integral component within their business.
Fat Media is built on a culture of positive, can do attitude and we would expect our new team member to contribute this to the team, educating our client services team when there is a gap in knowledge to ensure our clients receive the absolute best!
- Senior Kentico Developers’ responsibilities will include:
- Leading development teams on a range of small to enterprise level builds
- Providing clear technical advice to designers, front-end developers, strategists, project managers etc.
- Working closely with clients to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Producing clear and concise requirements specifications
- Proactively identifying, communicating and addressing technical risks throughout the delivery process
- Constructing granular build plans and providing accurate estimations for build tasks
- Running client workshops
- Ensuring builds are robust, thoroughly tested, well documented and peer reviewed
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes
- Identifying appropriate introduction of new technologies
What would make someone successful in this role?
- As a Senior Kentico Developer, you will be involved in and responsible for managing complex builds. We are looking for experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrable experience of using Kentico 8+
- Previous delivery of a range of small to large scale websites using .NET Framework
- Configuration of continuous integration systems
- Commercial awareness
- Application of OOP design principles
- Experience with Content Management Systems using MVC (Kentico or otherwise)
- The integration of third party systems, such as CRMs, payment gateways, document management tools, web services and authentication systems
- An understanding of web security concerns; experience of testing and resolving security issues
- The ability to both take direction from and lead other developers
- Capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Git, branching strategies and managing pull requests
- Kentico Certification
- Designing solutions for high traffic demands; experience of performance testing, analysing results and applying performance improvements
- Show initiative, be able to share ideas and push the development team forward
- Involvement with New Business & Account management teams
- The use of automated testing tools or behavioural driven development
- Management of multi-branch source control repositories
- The application of multi-tiered software architecture methodologies
- An understanding of hosting infrastructure; experience working with load balanced, and cloud multi-server environments
- Experience with Windows server configuration
- Exposure to Cloud technologies such as Azure/AWS
- Content Delivery Networks
- Delivery of resilient solutions including web and database failover features
- Database design and management using MSSQL based systems
- We employ front-end developers who specialise in the delivery of user interfaces, you will be working closely with a multi-disciplinary team, and should have a basic understanding of the following:
- Semantic HTML
- Progressive enhancement
- Front-end task runners