About the Role:
We are looking for a fantastic Senior Umbraco Developer to join our innovative, award winning national digital marketing company in our Umbraco team.
This exciting and rare opportunity will see you join a 30 strong Fat Media Group development team, available at any one of our locations, with responsibility to work with or manage multi-developer teams on builds to enterprise level. With head offices in Lancaster, this role can be available here or London for the right candidate.
However, the selected candidate will be expected to travel to any one of our other offices from time to time to work with other members of the team, from additional development departments, to client services and digital marketing.
On a day to day basis you will work underneath our Lead Umbraco developer to develop solutions for our clients, both prospective and existing.
This role is the perfect opportunity for an existing Umbraco Developer, who has a proven track record of understanding a client’s requirements and translating this into an integral component within their business.
Fat Media is built on a culture of positive, can do attitude and we would expect our new team member to contribute this to the team, educating our client services team when there is a gap in knowledge to ensure our clients receive the absolute best!
Senior Umbraco Developers’ responsibilities will include:
- Leading development teams on a range of small to enterprise level builds
- Providing clear technical advice to designers, front-end developers, strategists, project managers etc.
- Working closely with clients to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Producing clear and concise requirements specifications
- Proactively identifying, communicating and addressing technical risks throughout the delivery process
- Constructing granular build plans and providing accurate estimations for build tasks
- Ensuring builds are robust, thoroughly tested, well documented and peer reviewed
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes
- Identifying appropriate introduction of new technologies
- Technical service design
What would make someone successful in the role?
As a Senior Umbraco Developer, you will be involved in and responsible for managing complex builds. We are looking for experience in the following areas:
- Demonstrable experience of using Umbraco 7+
- Previous delivery of a range of small to large scale websites using .NET Framework
- Configuration of continuous integration systems
- Commercial awareness
- Database design and management using MSSQL based systems
- Application of OOP design principles
- The integration of third party systems, such as CRMs, payment gateways, document management tools, web services and authentication systems
- An understanding of web security concerns; experience of testing and resolving security issues
- The ability to both take direction from and lead other developers
- Git, branching strategies and managing pull requests
- Umbraco Certification
- Designing solutions for high traffic demands; experience of performance testing, analysing results and applying performance improvements
- The use of automated testing tools or behavioural driven development
- Management of multi-branch source control repositories
- The application of multi-tiered software architecture methodologies
- An understanding of hosting infrastructure; experience working with load balanced, and cloud multi-server environments
- Exposure to Cloud technologies such as Azure/AWS
- Experience with Windows server configuration
- Content Delivery Networks
- Search technologies such as Solr search
- Delivery of resilient solutions including web and database failover features
- We employ front-end developers who specialise in the delivery of user interfaces, you will be working closely with a multi-disciplinary team, and should have a basic understanding of accessibility, semantic HTML and front-end task runners.