We’re looking to recruit a smart-thinking, project minded person to bring a fresh perspective and enthusiasm to this client-facing role. If you’re looking to be part of a high-energy team, this is an exciting and rewarding opportunity. Working alongside ambitious clients, you'll work as part of a team to deliver innovative and exciting projects - adding real value to our clients.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
We’re Reading Room, an award-winning digital consultancy. For over 20 years we’ve been helping businesses solve problems and unlock value for their users.
A standout thread flows through all our work: we deliver bespoke digital solutions that focus on how people experience technology by bridging the gaps between strategic, design and technical thinking.
We’re not afraid to challenge conventional thinking and we’re known for our candid, jargon-free approach to delivery.
Our culture is built on trust, collaboration, optimism, inclusivity and diversity.
Our work adheres closely to the principles of user-centred design; we deliver client work using agile processes and in-depth discovery.
Our impressive client portfolio spans public sector brands such as: NHS, Health Education England and MHRA, to membership organisations such as: British Safety Council, Unite the Union UK Coaching and FIGO, to charities such as: Mates in Mind and Teenage Cancer Trust to commercial enterprises such as: Royal Mail MarketReach, Countryside Properties, Hill Group, BMI and Circle Healthcare – to name just a few.
About the role:
Reading Room is looking for a bright minded Project Manager to join our Reading Room digital team, this position can be located in either our Bristol, London, Lancaster offices or as a remote position.
We are looking for talented people, with a keen interest in technology and software and a demonstrable experience in digital project management.
As a Project Manager you will play a key role in managing the relationship between the business and our clients. Working closely and managing multi-disciplined, technology-agnostic delivery teams, you will be the main point of contact with the client, so excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills are required.
Our Project Managers represent the business, and as such need to show confidence, openness, creativity, empathy, and a desire to innovate and create long term relationships with our clients, both as individuals and organisations.
- Managing the client relationship and providing effective service delivery
- Ensuring project documentation is maintained to a high standard
- Measuring and reporting on delivery performance and profitability
- Working closely with clients to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Working closely and maintaining good relationships within the wider internal teams
- Running client workshops and training
- Ensuring that everything we deliver to the client is of high quality
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes
- Ongoing project reporting to both the client and the business with early identification of risks, and clear escalation of issues for resolution.
- The use of various project management methodologies and the delivery of a range of small to large scale digital platforms and services using a variety of technologies
- Use of project management tools, such as MS Project, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand complex development challenges the explain to clients of mixed technical or digital attainment
- Understanding of commercial requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in risk management and mitigation
Nice to have:
- Proven ability to run Agile Projects
- Reading Room has successfully delivered many Central Government and Public Sector contracts (including NHS); they remain key verticals in our business model. As such, experience of solutioning Public Sector projects to Government Digital Standards (GDS) and or NHS Digital Guidelines will be considered favourably.