Senior Project Manager
About the role
Fat Media is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Lancaster/London offices.
We are looking for talented people, with a keen interest in technology and software and a demonstrable experience in digital project management.
As a Senior Project Manager you will play a key role in managing the relationship between the business and our clients. Working closely and managing multi-disciplined, technology-agnostic delivery teams, you will be the main point of contact with the client, so excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills are required.
Our Project Managers represent the business, and as such need to show confidence, openness, creativity, empathy, and a desire to innovate and create long term relationships with our clients, both as individuals and organisations.
Senior Project Managers’ responsibilities include:
- Managing the client relationship and providing effective service delivery
- Ensuring project documentation - timelines, specifications, risk logs etc. - are maintained to a high standard
- Measuring and reporting on delivery performance and profitability
- Working closely with clients to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Producing clear and concise requirements specifications
- Pro-actively identifying, communicating, and addressing risks throughout the delivery process
- Creating and maintaining granular delivery plans and providing accurate estimations for build tasks
- Running client workshops
- Ensuring that everything we deliver to the client, whether a product of project governance, or software is of high quality
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes
- Ongoing project reporting to both the client and the business with early identification of risks, and clear escalation of issues for resolution.
To join, you’ll need to have experience in:
- Delivery of a range of small to large scale digital platforms and services using a variety of methodologies
- Use of project management tools, such as MS Project, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Working in software delivery
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand complex development challenges the explain to clients of mixed technical or digital attainment
- Understanding of commercial requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in risk management and mitigation
- 3 Years experience of Project Management.