Technical SEO Executive
We are on the lookout for a talented Technical SEO Executive to join our digital marketing experts at Fat Media.
If you’re looking to be part of a high-energy team, this is an exciting and rewarding opportunity. You'll be helping to create real value for our ambitious clients through your expert advice and technical know-how.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so we need someone who can use their experience of search and digital to hit the ground running.
You will be based out of our Lancaster office, but with the flexibility to work remotely if needed. You will benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), a salary sacrifice pension, free drinks on a Friday (subject to offices re-opening), and a whole host of social events throughout the year.
About the Role
As Technical SEO Executive, reporting to the Head of SEO, your responsibilities will include:
- Driving organic traffic growth and involved in strategic planning of Search campaigns
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities for organic search
- Working collaboratively with other departments within the company, such as design, development, and client services
- Conducting keyword research to identify opportunities and improvements
- Using a range of tools to audit, monitor, evaluate, report and address issues
- Benchmarking SEO performance against competitors
- Getting involved in site migrations (301s, GA and Webmaster tools set up)
- Conducting technical SEO and link audits
- Communicating progress and reporting results to clients
- Keeping up to date with the latest news within the Search industry
As a positive and passionate individual, you will have 2-3 years of experience in a technical SEO role, including:
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of SEO and clearly communicate complex subjects to all areas of the business
- Familiarity with ranking algorithms
- Proficiency in using tools such as Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Moz and more
- Practical experience of on-site SEO, site visibility, and technical SEO audits
- Knowledge of Webmaster tools and basic HTML
- Strong understanding of keyword analysis, organic search, and reviewing competitors to compile reports of suggestions and improvements
- Planning, sourcing, and analysis of link building initiatives
- Penalty recovery
- Client reporting
- Up to date with industry developments in search and digital marketing
- Knowledge of social media
Nice to Have
- Agency experience is preferred
- Proficiency in using content management systems, including WordPress, Magento, and Umbraco
Fat Media is an award-winning digital marketing agency and part of the Fat Media Group, which includes Reading Room, a digital consultancy, and RONIN International, a global market research business.
Fat Media specialises in website design and development, e-commerce, digital marketing, hosting, marketing strategy and more, delivered nationwide from our offices in London, Bristol and Lancaster.
We have a really special culture here. Being part of our team is more than just a job.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
We reserve the right to close this application before the closing date. Please be aware that we receive a wealth of applications for our vacancies and if you have not heard from us with 2 weeks of the closing date then your application has been unsuccessful. If you have any queries then please call the Talent Team on 01524 548948.