Tags are small snippets of code that can be used for all sorts of things, but their main aim is to record when a user performs a certain action on your site. They are therefore vital for accurate reporting on your marketing activity!
Examples of their use include...
- recording actions as a result of social media campaigns - the conversion will show in the social media platform's reports, as well as Google Analytics
- tracking the use of different features on your site - for example how many times a certain call-to-action button is clicked
- adding external tools to your site - such as traffic monitoring or live chat widgets.
Without a tag management system you often have to rely on your web developers to add new tags to your site. This often involves additional costs or can be delayed as the deployment of tags is put into a longer development queue. Using a tag manager for the placement of tags is something that can be taken care of by site owners or marketing teams.
There are many benefits to GTM that have made it Fat Media’s first choice when it comes to tag management:
- Tags can be deployed quickly and easily without the need for developers
- A range of pre-configured tags and events available
- Accommodates more advanced tracking requirements
- Live debugging
- Simple user management
- Works across websites and apps
- Cost (GTM is free to use)
Whether you’re launching a new website or app and want to include tag management as a part of it, are looking to migrate from hard-coded tags to GTM or just want some pointers on setting up custom tracking, we can help.
Want to know more? Give us a call or leave your details opposite to find out how we can make Google Tag Manager work for you.