The Drupal CMS is seen as one of the most powerful open source content management frameworks, and is supported by a one of the largest and passionate global open source communities, with reportedly more than a million developers, designers, trainers, strategists, coordinators, editors, and sponsors working on the project to continually improve and iterate, making it faster and even more powerful. With Drupal there are no licence fees, and a solid commitment to always being free.
First released in 2001, the current version Drupal 8 has been architected in an API-first way providing a rest API out of the box. What this means is that it’s designed to integrate seamlessly with other 3rd party systems. This makes it the perfect Open Source CMS to use when considering highly integrated solutions or complex ‘headless’ ‘decoupled’ or microservice lead infrastructures.
Perhaps most importantly with Drupal 8 is its future upgrade path and a strong roadmap with more and more focus on out of the box core functionality as standard, such as:
- Rest API out of the box – for seamless systems integration
- In page editing, with drag and drop functionality
- Permissions workflows
- World-class accessibility baked-in. The latest version of Drupal is navigable by keyboard, in order to conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Template builder
- Media library
- Mobile responsive - every pre-built Drupal theme is responsive as standard thanks to Drupal 8. What’s more, the editing suite in the back end is also mobile-friendly, allowing you to make easy updates on the go.
- Fast page load speeds – vital for reducing bounce rate and an important ranking factor in search engines, Drupal sites are quick to load giving a great user experience.
- A commitment to continuous development of the UI for the content editor, to improve and enhance CX as well as the UX experience.
As the latest versions of Drupal scale easily, it can meet the needs of organisations with small, yet highly integrated systems, as well as large complex infrastructures, and is the platform of choice for large enterprise businesses, local and central government, educational institutions, and some of the worlds most well known charities.
Why Fat Media?
Fat Media is an experienced Drupal agency with a number of certified Drupal developers in our team. We are perfectly placed to assist with any Drupal website project, large or small. Alongside your Drupal designers and developers, you’ll also have a Project Manager to personally oversee your build, from conception to deployment. A dedicated Account Manager is also your single point of contact for any queries along the way.
Once your new Drupal website is live, we can continue to provide development support on either an ad-hoc or ongoing basis through a support and maintenance agreement. Fat Media are also not just a web design agency, but have a full-service offering including user experience analysis and digital marketing including SEO, email marketing and paid search. So, we can work as an extension of your marketing team to maximise the reach and performance of your site.
Get in touch with our Drupal specialists today using the form below to discuss your website project today.