Mac Mail E-mail Setup Guide
- Open Mac Mail. On 'Mac Mail Main Screen' click the 'Mail' menu then click 'Preferences'.
- Then click on the 'Accounts' tab.
- Click the + button in the bottom left hand corner as highlighted.
- In the General Information window select 'POP' from the dropdown list. Enter a description for the account you are creating. This is displayed within Mac Mail to help you identify the account in future. Enter the name to show next to your email address when sending email. Enter the email address for the account you are setting up. Click 'Continue'.
- Enter the 'Incoming Mail Server' as provided and then enter your 'Username' and 'Password' before clicking 'Continue'.
- Enter the 'Outgoing Mail Server' as provided, make sure the 'Use Authentication' option is ticked, enter your 'Username' and 'Password' then click 'Continue'.
- You will now see a summary of the account information you have entered. Check that everything has been typed in correctly and click 'Continue'. Click 'Go Back' if you need to change any of the settings.
- Click 'Done'.
- Go to 'Mail' and 'Preferences' and click on the 'Accounts' tab. Highlight your new account, complete any empty fields with the information used during setup (these should already appear on the screen) and click on 'Server Settings'.
- Type in your 'Outgoing mail server', 'Username' and 'Password'. For the 'Authentication' field select 'Password' and make sure the 'SSL' box is NOT checked. Click 'OK'.
Please be sure to have followed all of the stages above, or you may lose some emails! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01524 590435.