Outlook 2007 E-mail Setup Guide
- In Outlook from the top menu select 'Tools' and click on 'Account Settings'.
- Make sure you are on the 'E-mail' tab and click 'New'.
- On the 'Choose E-mail Service' page, select ‘Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP'. Click 'Next'.
- On the 'Auto Account Setup' page tick the box 'Manually configure server setting or additional server types' and click 'Next'.
- Select 'Internet E-mail' and click 'Next'.
- On the 'Internet E-mail Settings' page complete all the information required (server information, username and password as provided). Click on 'More Settings'.
- In the Internet E-mail Settings window, click the 'Outgoing Server' tab. Select 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication', and then select 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server'.
- Then click on the ‘Advanced’ tab, and within the ‘Delivery’ section of this page, tick the ‘Leave a copy of messages on server’ box. Then tick ‘Remove from the server when deleted from deleted items’. Then click ‘OK’.
- Click 'Test Account Settings'. Outlook will send itself a message to test your incoming and outgoing capabilities. Once this is complete click 'Next'.
- Click 'Finish' to finish the setup process.
Now just click ‘Send/Receive’ to receive these emails!
Please be sure to have followed all of the stages above, or you may lose some emails! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01524 590435.