Outlook Express E-mail Setup Guide
- Open Outlook and go to 'Tools' on the top bar and select 'Accounts'.
- The 'Internet Accounts' window will appear. Click 'Add', then 'Mail'.
- Enter your full name (what people see in their inbox when you send them email from this account) and click 'Next'.
- Enter the full email address you're setting up. When you've done this click 'Next'.
- Choose 'POP3' from the dropdown box at the top and enter incoming and outgoing mail servers as provided. When you've done this click 'Next'.
- Now you need to enter your email 'Username' and 'Password'. DON'T tick the box: 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)'. Make sure 'Remember password' is ticked and click 'Next'.
- Click 'Finish' to close the Internet Connection Wizard.
- Then from the top menu bar select 'Tools' and 'Accounts' (as in step 1).
- Select the account you have set up and click 'Properties'.
- Click the 'Servers' tab and tick the box 'My outgoing server requires authentication'.
- Now click the 'Advanced' tab and tick the box 'Leave a copy of my messages on the server'. Then tick the box 'Remove from server when deleted from deleted items'. Click 'Ok'.
Now just click ‘Send/Receive’ to receive these emails!
Please be sure to have followed all of the stages above, or you may lose some emails! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01524 590435.