Windows Mail E-mail Setup Guide
- Open Windows Mail. Click on 'Tools' and then open up the 'Accounts' window.
- Click on 'Add' and choose to create an 'Email Account' and click 'Next'.
- Type in the Display name that you'd like all of your outgoing mail to be labeled. Click 'Next'.
- Type in your 'email address'.
- Select 'incoming server type'. Information on email servers will be provided. Tick the box 'Outgoing server requires authentication'. Click 'Next'.
- Enter the 'username' and 'password' you use to access your online email account. Click on 'Next'.
- Verify the information in final window and click 'Create'.
- Then from the top menu bar select 'Tools' and 'Accounts' (as in step 1).
- Select the account you have set up and click 'Properties'.
- Click the 'Servers' tab and tick the box 'My outgoing server requires authentication'. Now click the 'Advanced' tab and tick the box 'Leave a copy of my messages on the server'. Then tick the box 'Remove from server when deleted from deleted items'. Click 'Ok'.
Please be sure to have followed all of the stages above, or you may lose some emails! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01524 590435.