You may be keen to start writing a blog in order to connect with customers, voice your opinions and share information with your customers.
Well structured blogs have many benefits and can drive valuable new traffic to your website.
Fat Media have developed an interactive blog with many benefits that you can embed in to your website under your own domain and design.
This ensures that you offer the full benefit of the blog to users whilst also making it easier to point blog visitors towards the appropriate other pages of your website.
Blogs are a huge benefit to websites, not just in terms of connecting with your customers but also for helping with search engine optimisation.
Search engines reward fresh content with repeat visits and this means your website can be crawled more frequently, allowing your new content to become searchable more quickly. Fresh content is also indicative of a more authoritative website, so you will establish a trustful and credible relationship with your customers.
Fat Media's blog is also fully linked in to all social media sites and also social bookmarking. Users have the ability to 'Like' articles on Facebook and 'Tweet This' on Twitter which adds to the benefits and allows users to easily share the content.
The benefits of a blog are numerous but it does need to be updated in the correct way. Here are a few basic tips that you should follow for creating a successful blog on your website:
- Update the content regularly – this will show users that your website is being managed well and gives them reason to keep returning
- Internal links – Blogs that post product or service information can link to specific pages within the website. This helps the customer with navigation and is also beneficial for search engine optimisation purposes.
- Create interesting titles - The title has the ability to make or break a blog post, it impacts how it is found in search engines and social bookmarking sites and influences new visitors
- Be original – speak your mind, have something interesting to say and say it in a creative and fresh way. However make sure that you develop a writing style and tone appropriate to your subject material
- Use of images – use images within your blog posts to provide something visual. Images have the power to communicate in ways that words cannot
- Don’t write to much – blogs should be kept short and simple to encourage the browser to read them, 250 words for a blog post is plenty
- Use a tag cloud - to increase your keyword density on your blog and to help users see what the blog post is about
Please contact us to find out even more benefits of having a blog on your website and let us give you examples of how our blogs have benefitted many of our clients.