What is Umbraco?
Umbraco is an open source content management system, used to create and manage beautiful websites. If you’re looking for a slick, responsive and future-proof website to show off your company, Umbraco is the way to go (if you have an ecommerce site, check out our Magento offering.)
Since its first open source introduction in 2004 Umbraco has developed into the platform of choice for some of the world’s leading brands, take your pick from over 250,000 sites - Sony, Sandisk, Microsoft and Ford have all counted themselves in.
What does it offer?
Umbraco has a range of great benefits, both people visiting your site, and for you and your team maintaining it…
- Seamless social media integration – helping attract more followers
- Intuitive controls for easy navigation – which means a great user experience
- In-built SEO – to ensure your site ranks highly
- No restrictions on page layouts – create exactly the look you want
- Preview drafts before you publish - no more formatting errors!
- Simple Word-style editor – making it easy to add your own updates
- Regular security updates – keeping your site secure
- Manage the users of the CMS and their level of administrative access
Why choose Fat Media to develop your Umbraco site?
We are one of only a handful of Umbraco Gold Partner agencies. This means that, along with additional training from Umbraco HQ, we also receive personal support from Umbraco's own development team. Their experts are on hand to advise us on more complicated builds, and help us develop sites more quickly and efficiently.
Our team are therefore not reliant on existing templates – so while we will use them where possible to reduce the cost to you, we can also create bespoke solutions to give you exactly the functionality you need. Examples of these custom elements include...
- Photo and Video gallery
- Easy contact forms
- Map location tool
- Calendar module
- Fast image cropping tool
The Fatties have created Umbraco sites for top brands like The Original London Sightseeing Tour along with family businesses such as The Daffodil Hotel. Whatever the size or nature of your business, as a Fat Media client you’ll be assigned a personal Account Manager and Producer, who do all the hard work in managing your website project, keeping you up to date through the whole thing.
Say hello using the form below to learn how we can take your website to the next level.